Haskell evangelist / customer and community relations advocate
||February 7, 2013 05:36:47 PM
||March 7, 2013
FP Complete - a driving force behind the commercial Haskell language ecosystem - one of the most innovative and productive systems for building high quality and performing software - is looking for a Haskell evangelist / customer and community relations advocate to increase the productivity of our online community of users.
This position is responsible for the customer outreach and support at FP Complete and responsibilities forums, articles, blogs, FAQs, example code, problem resolution and escalation, and community outreach. As this is a customer facing role, candidates must demonstrate credibility and good skills in communicating and interacting with others.
- creating, and moderating, and monitoring customer support forums.
- providing expert technical response to posted comments and questions.
- writing blogs and articles to encourage community members to contribute to our online content , and aid users in getting the most from our products and services.
- producing and curating content for our searchable product knowledge base
- acquiring, curating, and developing cookbook templates and examples for common use cases
- answering, managing, and escalating product related trouble tickets
- working with community members to contribute content and add value to FP Complete’s community sites including the School of Haskell.
- Interacting with users and communicating common requirements to engineering and product management
- acting as a product and Haskell domain expert to our online customers and users.
- representing FP Complete as a leader in the Haskell community
- identifying ways to lower the cost of supporting online users.
- experience providing support to end users, and moderating user forums
- knowledgeable in developing Haskell applications
- recognition within the Haskell community as a valuable contributor
- experience producing articles, blogs, forum comments, and FAQs
- a positive public image for blogging, and commenting
- experience with leveraging trouble ticketing systems
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- detail oriented, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- a demeanor that expresses helpfulness, tolerance, and patience
- BS in engineering, math, or science is preferred
Please contact: gregg at fpcomplete dot com